Sunday, May 3, 2015

Procrastinating Packing

I finally finished my finals yesterday, so I am free to do whatever needs to be done before we leave for London! I thought that once I was done writing all of my papers and taking all of my tests, I would have a little downtime. FALSE. Unfortunately, I have found that finals sucked away all of my motivation and I still have a long list of things to do. Here is my unique situation.

Because I am an RA, I am required to stay in the dorms until noon on graduation day. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal. I should be here for finals anyways. However, all of my finals are done. I have nothing holding me here except my RA job. Most of my RA friends have sent a load home with their parents by now. Mine live eight hours away and I can't leave this week to take my stuff home. I would have to make the eight hour drive home on Saturday. Again, doesn't sound like a big deal. Here's the catch - our bus for the airport leaves late Sunday morning. Do you see the problem forming? After much discussion and begging, I have found the solution. I get to stay in the dorms until Sunday morning. I have to move my stuff into the RD storage room on first floor. It should be fairly entertaining since I live on the third floor.... Then I get to pack my separate bags for London and hope I didn't pack the wrong thing in the wrong place. It would be really entertaining trying to find my Bendadryl when I accidentally get a strawberry (not if - when. I know how this works). When I get back, my parents and brothers are going to be camping at one of the area parks. They get to come fetch me from the college once we get back. Then we get to come back to the dorms on our way out of Chadron to fetch my stuff. I told you this long story because it means I have to pay special attention to what is going where. I already have labels and packing tape prepared. I've moved enough times in the last 2 years that I'm a professional.
Above is move #1 from Norfolk to a different house in Norfolk. To the left is move #2 from Norfolk to Omaha. Below is move #4 from Chadron back home last summer. I told you I was a professional :)
















You would think I would be all excited to start packing and getting ready to leave for London. I would like to lie and say I am, but I'm not! I decided to avoid my responsibilities today and bake a jello cake for our London movie on Tuesday and cheese bombs for RA family dinner....... I will let you know how the packing goes! At this point, it isn't looking promising... But my jello cake and cheese bombs look FANTASTIC!






2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a heck of a time getting everything ready before we left. I was caught up with wildlife finals on the last week and planned Skyler's graduation party. Our family left that day and we didn't have much time to get stuff around either to leave. That food is making me hungry, it is about time Skyler and I go find a place to eat in this big city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittnie, I just wanted to tell you that you are not the only one that procrastinated in packing. I graduated Saturday and I waited until that evening after all the festivities to begin packing. I didn't take much so it wasn't a problem for me. It only took me about 45 minutes to finish packing and I was enjoying being inside where it was warm rather than outside where it was snowing. My suitcase only weighed 36 pounds on the way to London so I'd say I did a pretty good job of packing only what I needed!

    ReplyDelete